[testimonial_rotator id=”9430″ hide_title=”true”]
Spotty cellular coverage, poor voice quality, dropped calls, and dead zones continue to plague occupants in middleprise buildings. Cel-Fi QUATRA is an Active DAS Hybrid that solves this problem. It is an affordable, all-digital solution. It provides uniform, high quality cellular signal throughout a building, and is scalable to the size needed. Cel-FI QUATRA is carrier approved and guaranteed network safe.
Unlike older analog boosters and passive DAS technology, Cel-Fi QUATRA delivers a cellular signal that is up to 1000x stronger, utilizing CAT 5e cabling for RF and Power over Ethernet, with no signal attenuation right to the perimeter of the building. Cel-Fi QUATRA can be installed in just days (compared to months typical of other solutions), and at a price point that meets the middleprise budget.
Up to 100 dB Active
DAS Hybrid (1000x Stronger)
Single or Multi-Carrier Solution
3G / 4G / LTE for Voice and Data
Unconditionally Network Safe
Scalable All-Digital PoE Cat5e
Solution for Middleprise
Remote Monitoring and
Management via WAVE Platform
About Cel-Fi QUATRA
How it Works
The Cel-Fi QUATRA Solution
The majority of cellular phone calls take place inside, but cell networks are outside. 80% of business users inside complain of poor coverage or dropped calls. A building’s materials, while improving energy efficiency, will block or inhibit cellular service from the outside network. To exacerbate the issue, cellular coverage is increasingly not optional. In fact, cellular coverage can be considered a safety or even regulatory requirement depending on the region. Building owners need a high-quality solution that can serve the middleprise and not take a year to deploy.
Integrators and Carriers have partnered with Cel-Fi to deliver a smart solution designed for middleprise buildings – Cel-Fi QUATRA solutions.
- Cel-Fi provides the QUATRA BOM Estimator to help installers select the appropriate equipment in the right quantity, to eliminate the heavy cost / time of the planning effort.
- Cel-Fi’s all-digital, scalable, PoE Cat5e solution makes it ideal for Single or Multi-Carrier environments.
- Cel-Fi created a new solution category that combines its core technology with the architecture of an Active DAS – to deliver an Active DAS Hybrid – built for Installers.
Speed of Installation, higher quality in-building cellular solutions, and cost savings – are some of the reasons building owners, facility managers, and IT professionals are making the smart investment in the Cel-Fi QUATRA solution.
A Solution for the Carrier
Cel-Fi QUATRA is designed to improve indoor signal coverage without any risk of interference on the mobile network. Cel-Fi QUATRA provides a sophisticated network-safe solution that has been engineered to deliver multiple levels of network protection:
- Uplink power control to prevent desensitizing the network
- Echo-cancellation and feedback control
- Uplink muting, when handsets (UE) are not detected
- Signal qualification (channels are individually qualified, so noise or very poor signals won’t be amplified and degrade the network)
The Cel-Fi WAVE Platform cloud-based portal enables an operator to monitor equipment and network KPI’s, such as channel configurations, RSRP, RSCP, SINR, and systems gains, providing control and optimization insight.
Smart Cellular Coverage
Cel-Fi QUATRA is an active DAS hybrid solution for delivering high quality in-building cellar coverage in middleprise venues. It combines the best of active DAS and the Cel-Fi technologies that have been widely adopted by carriers around the world. It operates in off-air mode or can be integrated with carrier small cell equipment and operated in distributed small cell mode, creating a Supercell. Cel-Fi QUATRA can be configured with components, for single or multi-carrier environments.
- Highest Coverage Gain: With 1000x more gain than the competition, Cel-Fi QUATRA delivers a stronger signal and provides a larger coverage footprint in environments where the incoming signal is weak. This ensures the strongest possible signal is sent to the inside antennas.
- Highest Downlink Power: With 4x more downlink power than the competition, QUATRA ensures the strongest signal is sent to inside antennas to provide the largest coverage footprint.
- Highest Uplink Power: 2x more uplink power than the competition allows for a stronger signal transmission to the tower to maximize user capacity and increase the range from the cell site.
- Multi-Carrier 3G / 4G / LTE Voice and Data: Cel-Fi is the only cellular coverage solution available with up to 100 dB off-air gain and single or multi-carrier support for 3G / 4G / LTE Voice and Data. Each Carrier has dedicated maximized gain enhancement; no sharing limited bandwidth between carriers.
- Supercell Mode: QUATRA systems can be connected to a single small cell, or multiple small cells, to form a coordinated Supercell. Supercells provide uniform access to the capacity introduced by the small cell, and are preferred by carriers in densely populated and high traffic areas.
- All Digital Cat5e PoE Solution: No need to deal with signal loss from coax, or the high costs of Fiber. Use existing dedicated Cat5e lines, or simply drop new ones without permits or difficult trenching. Cat5e is an easy to deploy, all digital solution that also delivers power from NU to CU.
- Built for Installers: Cel-Fi QUATRA ships with installer tools that simplify the planning process, equipment selection, and antenna aiming to automate the hard math calculations of RF Planning and eliminate the complexity of specifying the system for the unique venue requirements.
- Setup, Maintenance, and Remote Management: Cel-Fi provides the WAVE Portal application for easy setup, provisioning, and management via a Smart Phone or Cloud Portal, providing quick access to install and help your customers faster.
- Network Safe and Carrier Approved: Cel-Fi products are built on an advanced Intelliboost technology to deliver the strongest possible signal when and where needed. As the environment changes, Cel-Fi changes with it, without shutdown or interruption. Cel-Fi has partnered with carriers around the world to distribute their signal at the safest and highest levels, guaranteeing consistent coverage.
How it Works
Cel-Fi QUATRA is a scalable solution that utilizes one or multiple Network Units, depending on the environment and size of the space, with up to four distributed Coverage Units connected to each Network Unit.
Off Air Mode
Cel-Fi QUATRA can be installed off-air, using either a MIMO panel or omni donor antenna to provide high-quality in‑building wireless connectivity. Cel-Fi QUATRA can be deployed by installers or IT personnel with Cat5e skills (no RF engineering skills needed).
A Supercell is comprised of a Cel-Fi QUATRA system connected to a small cell. Multiple Cel‑Fi QUATRA systems can be connected to a single small cell, or multiple small cells, to form a coordinated Supercell. A Supercell with Cel-Fi QUATRA is more efficient than multiple small cells, and the CUs of a Cel-Fi QUATRA system connected to a Supercell do not interfere with one another.
Cel-Fi QUATRA is available in two versions, with coordinating components. Multiple configurations are available by region and band specification.
Cel-Fi QUATRA 1000
Cel-Fi QUATRA 1000 is a Single Carrier MIMO Active DAS Hybrid that can be configured in Off-Air (with MIMO Panel Antenna) or Supercell modes. Cel-Fi QUATRA 1000 solutions are scalable and can be deployed alongside one another to deliver Dual Carrier coverage.
Cel-Fi QUATRA 2000
Cel-Fi QUATRA 2000 is a Dual Carrier Active DAS Hybrid that can be configured for an Off-Air donor antenna. Cel-Fi QUATRA 2000 solutions are scalable and can be deployed alongside one another to deliver Multi Carrier coverage.
Cel-Fi QUATRA was built with the integrator and installer in mind. Setup begins with planning, with installers using the Cel-Fi QUATRA BOM Estimator tool to capture basic environmental information. This then returns a list of equipment needed.
While IBWave is not needed for design, a variety of templates are available for download to accelerate the design phase. Cel-Fi QUATRA is an all-digital solution designed to eliminate the coax-related problem of signal attenuation over distance, and intelligently manage gain. During installation, Cel-FI AntennaBoost technology makes antenna mounting and pointing much easier, so that the process can be completed in minutes. The solution incorporates cloud-based software (WAVE) and an app for commissioning and maintenance, enabling installers to offer a variety of SLAs to customers.
Cel-Fi QUATRA Elements
Cel-Fi WAVE Portal
The Cel-Fi WAVE Platform enables device management and maintenance of Cel-Fi QUATRA systems. The Cel-Fi WAVE Platform mobile app facilitates ease of use on site. Alerts and alarms can be used as configured out of the box or they can be customized however the owner or admin chooses.
The Cel-Fi WAVE Platform is a cloud-based remote management platform that allows users/operators to manage multiple Cel-Fi QUATRA systems. Features of the platform include:
- Cel-Fi device and asset management
- Data modeling and reporting
- Mobile and computer applications
- Globally trusted carrier-grade security
- Users can access the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform portal through the dashboard interface, or integrate it via APIs.
Cel-Fi QUATRA Network Unit (NU)
Cel-Fi QUATRA Network Unit (NU) is the hub of the system. The scalable design works with one to four Coverage Units to provide up to 50,000 square feet (5,000 square meters) of coverage.
- Provides donor signal to the Cel-Fi QUATRA system
- Provides power to Coverage Units (up to four)
- Connects to the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform for remote monitoring and management
- QUATRA 1000 version designed for Single Carrier MIMO
- QUATRA 2000 version designed for Dual Carrier
- Multiple QUATRA 1000 and 2000 units can be deployed for Single, Dual, and Multi-Carrier Solutions.
_ › Q34-2/5/12/66NU_EXA
_ › Q34-2/5/13/66NU_EXA
_ › Q34-1/3/8/20NU_EXA
_ › Q34-1/7/8/20NU_EXA
_ › Q34-1/3/7/8NU_EXA
_ › Q34-3/5/7/28NU_EXA
_ › Q34-4/5/12/13/25NU_EXA
_ › 264 x 185 x 62mm (40.8g)
Cel-Fi QUATRA Coverage Unit (CU)
Cel-Fi QUATRA Coverage Unit (CU) is the remote unit of the system that rebroadcasts the donor signal. The cost efficient and easy-to-deploy system leverages Power-Over-Ethernet (POE) for up to four CUs.
- Provides coverage in the Cel-Fi QUATRA system (up to four per Network Unit)
- Power delivered by Power-Over-Ethernet from the Network Unit
- Self-configuring and self-optimizing
- QUATRA 1000 CU compatible with QUATRA 1000 NU
- QUATRA 2000 CU compatible with QUATRA 2000 NU
_ › Q34-2/5/4/12CU_EXA
_ › Q34-2/4/5/13CU_EXA
_ › Q34-1/3/8/20CU_EXA
_ › Q34-1/7/8/20CU_EXA
_ › Q34-1/3/7/8CU_EXA
_ › Q34-3/5/7/28CU_EXA
_ › Q34-4/5/12/13/25CU_EXA
_ › 225 x 185 x 37mm (29.2g)
Cel-Fi MIMO Panel Antenna
Cel-Fi AntennaBoost integrates the Cel-Fi MIMO Panel Antenna with the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform to provide the best donor signal in the industry. The antenna connects to any MIMO-enabled NU or CU with QMA (quick connect) cables.
Cel-Fi Omni Donor Antenna
The Cel-Fi Omni Donor Antenna is the ideal donor signal source for the QUATRA 2000. It has N-type Female connectors. The Cel-Fi Omni Donor Antenna is the only authorized indoor/outdoor antenna for Cel-Fi QUATRA 2000 Off-Air solutions only.
Cel-Fi LPDA Antenna
The Cel-Fi LPDA Antenna offers a powerful 12 or 14dBi gain (depending on carrier frequency) over 698-2700 MHz and is designed to reduce out of band noise, to improve SiNR and overall signal quality. Mounting is made simple with a mast down-tilt bracket and U-Bolts.
Cel-Fi Antenna Mount
The Cel-Fi Mount is an indoor/outdoor mount designed to secure a donor signal and work with the Cel-Fi WAVE Antenna Positioning feature. Cel-Fi’s proprietary 8-position dial base enables the antenna to be rotated in 45-degree increments, with real time performance data.
Cel-Fi Pole Mount
The Cel-Fi Pole Mount is an outdoor mount designed to secure a cellular donor antenna for Cel-Fi QUATRA and work with the Cel-Fi WAVE Antenna Positioning feature.
Cel-Fi QUATRA Small Cell Interface
A Small Cell Interface (SCIF) may be used as the donor source for the Cel-Fi QUATRA. The SCIF simplifies RF connections between a small cell and Network Units. It includes a main unit and all cables for a single NU.
Cel-Fi QUATRA Range Extender
The Cel-Fi QUATRA Range Extender (QRE) is a Power over Ethernet (PoE) device that extends the maximum distance between the Cel-Fi QUATRA Network Unit and the Coverage Unit.
All systems are reconfigured to specific carriers
0 to 40 Degrees Celsius
Mounting system provided with multiple options for flexible placement.